Saturday, March 12, 2011

Babysitter Follies

I don't lay down a lot of "rules" for babysitters, as so far generally the girls are pretty good.  But two funny stories to share.

PJ's: one night after we arrived home, paid the babysitter, and were heading to bed we checked on Brooke and found she wasn't wearing any pajamas!  We got her into her pj's with minimal waking.  The babysitter had mentioned she could hear Brooke "talking" in her room for a while after she was put to bed (common occurrence).  The next morning I asked Brooke
     "Did 'Jane' had put you into your pajamas?"
     "Yes"  Brooke replied.
     "Then why weren't you wearing any later in the night?"  I asked.
     "I took them off" she replied.
I'm so curious how that all transpired...

Stuffed Animals: Last week I ran some errands with Keira during the day while a babysitter came to watch Brooke.  As I'm putting Brooke down for her afternoon nap I find that most of the stuffed animals from her bedroom are missing.  Hmm? 
     "Where's Snoopy, blankie, Puppy, Lamby, Valentine dog?"  I ask Brooke.
     "They're downstairs in the tent."  Brooke replies.  (the "tent" is a play tent in the basement)
     "You carried them all downstairs?" I ask astonished.
I'm wondering if Brooke swayed the babysitter to help transport all these "friends" down 2 flights of stairs into the basement.  Brooke certainly couldn't have carried them all down herself (Snoopy is as big as she is!).

Oh, to be a fly on the wall...

No comments: